Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Simpatica Dining Hall Benefit Dinner

Just got this email from Benjamin Dyer at Simpatica here in PDX about a benefit dinner they're having March 26th. Sounds like a pretty incredible deal with amazing chefs and killer wine included in the $125 ($75 tax deductible) tab. This is gonna sell out fast!
From his email:
"Okay, last but certainly not least... I've been putting together a very special benefit dinner for later this month - Thursday, March 26th, to be precise. In order to benefit The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) through Team In Training, I've put together an all-star cast of chefs and winemakers who have been generous enough to donate their time/wares. So far I've got the following folks lined up to help me out - each chef will prepare one course, paired with one or two of the minemakers listed below. Here's who and what I've got lined up so far (I should have a menu written for you within a few days):

Chef Pascal Sauton Carafe Restaurant
Chef Jason Barwikowski Clyde Common
Chef Troy MacLarty Lovely Hula Hands
Chef Benjamin Dyer Simpatica Dining Hall

Winemakers/Vineyards
Scott Paul Wines
J. Christopher Wines
Daedalus Cellars
O'Reilly's Winery
Sineann Wines
Andrew Rich Wines

Stellar, huh? I think I might try to line up one or two more chefs; I'll have that dialed in the next day or two, with all of the other details, but I wanted to get you marinating on this one early. Tickets will (likely) be $125 per person, which includes food and wine - all proceeds will go directly to benefit LLS and $75 of the ticket price will qualify as tax-deductible donations - it's a win-win! Please feel free to make reservations starting now, I think this event should go fairly quickly once word gets out... to do so, please call the Dining Hall at (503)235-1600 or email us. "

No comments: