Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Simpatica Dining Hall Benefit Dinner

Just got this email from Benjamin Dyer at Simpatica here in PDX about a benefit dinner they're having March 26th. Sounds like a pretty incredible deal with amazing chefs and killer wine included in the $125 ($75 tax deductible) tab. This is gonna sell out fast!
From his email:
"Okay, last but certainly not least... I've been putting together a very special benefit dinner for later this month - Thursday, March 26th, to be precise. In order to benefit The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) through Team In Training, I've put together an all-star cast of chefs and winemakers who have been generous enough to donate their time/wares. So far I've got the following folks lined up to help me out - each chef will prepare one course, paired with one or two of the minemakers listed below. Here's who and what I've got lined up so far (I should have a menu written for you within a few days):

Chef Pascal Sauton Carafe Restaurant
Chef Jason Barwikowski Clyde Common
Chef Troy MacLarty Lovely Hula Hands
Chef Benjamin Dyer Simpatica Dining Hall

Scott Paul Wines
J. Christopher Wines
Daedalus Cellars
O'Reilly's Winery
Sineann Wines
Andrew Rich Wines

Stellar, huh? I think I might try to line up one or two more chefs; I'll have that dialed in the next day or two, with all of the other details, but I wanted to get you marinating on this one early. Tickets will (likely) be $125 per person, which includes food and wine - all proceeds will go directly to benefit LLS and $75 of the ticket price will qualify as tax-deductible donations - it's a win-win! Please feel free to make reservations starting now, I think this event should go fairly quickly once word gets out... to do so, please call the Dining Hall at (503)235-1600 or email us. "

No comments: