Sunday, July 15, 2007

Feeding my inner adolescent!

Remember when you were a kid, and you'd say to yourself, "Man, when I grow up I'm going to have candy bars for breakfast if I want!" Well, my new favorite way to indulge my inner adolescent is with this delicious piece of pastry from Portland's St. Honore Bakery. This local outpost of all things baked and French offers their cunningly named French Apple Toast, giving what is basically an addictively delicious bread pudding a veneer of breakfast legitimacy. Getting one to go, sitting outside with a steaming cup of coffee and the Sunday NY Times....simply one of those perfect morning indulgences. Hey, I went running this morning...I deserve this!!

2 comments:

bb said...

Rashid...got your comment on this as being "also available at Thomas Keller's Bouchon." Accidentally deleted your comment, so I apologize for that.
My response would be I'm not surprised, but I also bet it doesn't cost $3.25 either!

Elizabeth said...

That looks amazing. I haven't eaten there before, but I will definitely have to check it out.