Saturday, May 03, 2008

Season's Eatings!

With spring finally hitting us here in PDX, my thoughts of course turn to what new seasonal delights I get to stuff in my ever hungry pie hole. It's good to know that in the next couple of weeks, if I don't feel like cooking springs bounty from the farmer's market, then my pals at Castagna have me covered with two fantastic special dinners that celebrate the best of what's fresh. At $45 a pop...including wine!...these are great dining bargains. I've done several Castagna wine dinners in the past, and they always deliver.
*** *** ***

SPRING ASPARAGUS DINNER
Wednesday May 7th 6:30 pm

~ Asparagus soup with fried morels
~ Pork schnitzel with asparagus
~ Elder flower ice cream

SPRING MOREL DINNER
Wednesday May 21st 6:30 pm

~ Vol au vent with morels & asparagus
~ Coq au vin Jaune with morels
~ Rhubarb crème brulée tart

$45 a person includes wine
call 503 231.7373 for reservations
Castagna
1752 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
Portland, Or 97214

No comments: