Sunday, May 11, 2008

Are you a food snob?

Yeah, me too....sort of. I still get the thrill of the deal, but I won't give up my cans of Ortiz tuna from Spain for...aack...Bumble Bee. Although I will also admit to an appreciation of my twice yearly Big Mac, a fondness for Popeye's Fried Chicken, and even though I haven't bought it for years, if you put down a bowl of Cap'n Crunch in front of me, you might be shocked at my gleeful, grateful expression. These musings came about because of this article I just read at slate.com written by Daniel Gross. It speaks of the "suffering" of mostly well-heeled food snobs who find themselves having to fork over ever more of their exorbitant incomes for their imported Buffala Mozzarella and wild ramps. Very entertaining reading that for better or worse, most of can only relate all too well. Check it out!

illustration from slate.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

On a lighter note... (I commented on your post about the China earthquake earlier)
The foodie problems...Oh Guilty! The Buffalla Mozz comment, hit it home.
I just wanted to say how much I love your blog, it is on my iGoogle page so it is always fun when I see a new post to read!
Thanks for the food lovin stories, the laughs and the reality check in at times. We don't get out to your Wine Shack very often, for one, who knew that a 2 yr old (esp. ours) wouldn't be so into wine tasting with us??! The youth these days....
I believe you are on vacation, I wish you guys fun times!
Thanks for Eat Think Drink!