Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Paradise found....at home!
Very few local restaurants make food that I can say I actually crave. Maybe the sensuous sopes at Nuestra Cocina. Definitely the burger at Castagna Café. Maybe the thing I've had on my must-have list longer than anything is the Penne alla Vodka at Three Doors Down. This is a fabulous dish of pasta (right up there with Marcella Hazan's Spaghetti alla Carbonara) as food I never want to live without. I used to order it almost every time I went in to Kathy and Dave's soul satisfying outpost at 1429 SE 37th, to the point where Kathy would just roll her eyes and say "Again?!"
Well, now the pressure is off, and I can explore the rest of their fabulous menu, because the recipe (along with several other treats you'll recognize from the menu, including that cursedly addictive white bean spread) is available on their website. In this month of new food that w and I are caught up in this was on our menu last night, and it was just as delicious as at the restaurant. Grab some sausages (preferably at Pastaworks), some Pearl Bakery ciabatta, and other fixings and get ready to indulge. Oh, and don't tell Kathy and Dave I told you!

No comments: