Saturday, April 18, 2009

To market, to market....

And now for the obligatory food blogger pictures of the early spring farmer's market bounty. Sorry to go all cliché, but everything is so damn appealing....
Multi-colored radishes that are picture perfect for salads and oblong
French radishes, fabulous with a little drizzle olive oil, then coarse sea
salt sprinkled on top.
Baby broccoli greens, which the farmer said were only around for 3 weeks.
We took some home and sautéd them up with garlic and olive oil. Incredible!
Sweetly flavored with no hint of bitterness. Time to stock up!

2 comments:

dp said...

I was a the market this morning and purchased two bunches of these. The guy let me taste one, and it was amazing! Sweet, with a hint of mustard. We're having them tonight, simply, the way you did them. I don't want to mask the flavor of these babies!

bb said...

Lucky you! Enjoy (I know you will!). I couldn't get any this morning since I'm going out of town for a few days, but hopefully will score some next week.