Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What am I doing for lunch? Not this!

What's in your work refrigerator? If you're me working at the wine shack, then a sad tuna sandwich and a two week past-date container of raspberry yogurt. On the other end the scale, according to this story by Vasanth Sridharan at one of my favorite tech news sites, Silicon Alley Insider, if you find yourself employed in the worker's paradise that is the Googleplex in Mountain View, California, you're getting your grub on with two free meals a day and all the "snack/coffee/fruit/power-bar/drink bars" you can throw down. Assuming they spend an estimated $30 per day per employee, that means that "Larry and Sergey are spending at least $72,288,000 per year to fill their workers' pie-holes." Gee, I can't wait to grab that #^&*%$@# tuna sando in my fridge.............

picture of Google dining hall from Fortune Magazine

No comments: