Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I interrupt your thoughts of your next meal....

I have a big favor to ask of you guys. For about ten minutes I want all of you to put aside your food obsessions. Just for a few minutes. I know, I know, it's scary, but this is worth it. I promise.

I was doing some "research" recently at the New York Times website (aka reading the best newspaper in America...online...for FREE) and came across this story about a couples adoption of a Chinese baby. Now, there are virtually zero newspaper stories that make me a little...um, misty. Outraged? Angry? Bewildered about my fellow humans? Sure. It's not that I'm a hard ass or anything. As I've told my friends, I'm like the target audience for tearjerker movies, commercials, etc. But in the paper, we're pretty much used to all the crazy, insane shit being reported. You become kind of numb to it. Then I come across this piece, so well written, so touching, so sweet, that it just sat me back in my seat for about five minutes after finishing.

Check it out. I'd love to know what you think.

btw- all stories at the NYT site are free to read. Just register...no spam will come your way.

1 comment:

Kathleen Bauer said...

It was a very moving article...that tearing-up thing must run in the family. Thanks for the tip!